Thursday, July 22, 2010

Okay, I'm deeply offended. They say 60 is the new fifty but now I've learned that size 10 is the new size 20. Bah humbug. Onthis morning's Today show a model, Crystal (right there you have to be suspect), was morally and psychologically assaulted by a photographer who touched up her photo TO MAKE HER LOOK SKINNIER!!!

It seems that Crystal, a recovering anorexic, is a plus-size model and proud of it. Kudos, I thought to myself, she's a big girl and she flaunts it. Then it turns out that this plus-sized model is a size TEN. Yes, ten. Having become ---in post baby excess and truth be told food excess --a size 16 and carrying it around for oh, say 20 years afterwards, I worked hard to downsize after seeing pictures of me at my son's wedding. AGGGHHH I said to myself. So, with proper diet (read: no food) and exercise (after scare tactics by my doctor were employed) I have gotten down to a size 10. I felt good about that. But now I'm told I'm really still in the "plus" category.

I know I'll never get back into my wedding dress. In fact, I use that dress as a kitchen tea towel now, marveling from time to time that a human being actually once fit into that dress. But I can live with 10- and even 12 if necessary. There are other things I have a harder time adjusting to (see blog on Nora Ephron's Neck) but size 10? No problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment